Sunday 22 July 2012

A day in the 18th century

I'm back home after spending two weeks at the summerhouse, but I have two weeks left of my vacation. Today spent in the 18th century at Skansen. We mingled around as part of the tourist attraction, were models in a lecture on clothes, danced and ate well, all while people were taking pictures of us. I enkoyed myself nevertheless. No new clothes, but it was the first time for the straw hat I decorated last summer. I really like the look of it, but it was quite heave and pulled my wig more and more down on one side. It looked fine, but I could feel it sliding- a very unsecure feeling. I'm not used to wearing wigs and need to learn to fix it better in place. J wore Gustaf III's national suit and looked great as usual.






Pretty Caroline who took all the photos of me and also kindly allowed me to post them here. She doesn't blog, but she is a very talented and creative seamstress and I urge you to go and look at her clothes at Deviantart.







The lover returns.



And start to sing some very silly songs...



We are going to visit Skansen again next Saturday and by then I plan to have something new! Amazing, isn't it, as I haven't finished anything 18th century since, well, since forever. It's something I started a long time ago and there really isn't much left. I also plan to make a new hat...



A better view of the hat decorations.



A rather tame squirrel begged food from us- seconds after this picture he jumped up on the bench beside J.

8 comments:

Lauren Stowell said...

You both loo splendidly beautiful!

Witchcrafted Life said...

So immensely beautiful! I have always dreamed of owning a 18th century style gown - who knows, perhaps one day.

Thank you very much for your lovely blog comment today, dear gal, I hope you have a splendid Monday and week ahead.

♥ Jessica

Isis said...

Lauren: Thank you so much!

Jessica: Well, I think you should get one, but then I'm a bit biased... ;) Thank YOU!

Anonymous said...

Ska vi få se något nytt här framöver? Det låter spännande!

Fina bilder också!

Rowenna said...

Lovely! And that is one tame squirrel!

Augustintytär said...

The hat is gorgeous! You all look great as always!

Isis said...

Susanne: Ja, efter lördag hoppas jag. :) Tack!

Rowenna: Very, but they do get tame very easily and this one has probably been spoiled by tourists since it was tiny.

Augustintytär: Thank you! I'm quite pleased iwth it myself... :)

Johanna Öst said...

You all look absolutely amazing! I love Caroline's 1790s look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...