Thursday 7 October 2010

Lithia Black

Many of my friends are very talented people, and some even try to make a living out of their talents. I think they are amazing and brave and am happy to show them off a little, so here are a few words about Lithia who runs the company Lithia Black - Fetish & Alternative Fashion.

Everything I have seen her try a hand of she does well, like knitting, sewing 18th century clothes and making hair jewelry, so no wonder that she is also great in what is her job. Her clothes are very original and very well made. I know PVC clothes aren’t for everyone, but talent is talent and Lithia has a flare for all aspects of making clothes, design, cutting and sewing. She recently had a small fashion show and all models, in a whole range of body shapes, looked amazing. If you ever made clothes for more than one person, then you know how challenging it can be to get the fit right- what fits a thin person, doesn't fit a curvy one. I love that her clothes can be worn by any size and still look gorgeous.

She also makes fabulous corsets in all sorts of materials, again pulling off the fit regardless of body shape. I’m going to buy an underbust from her, which I feel very excited about.
Photobucket

I urge you to go and have a look at her website, even if it is in Swedish. If not a girl in a corset offends your sensibilities, then you will have nothing to worry about.

I can add that the girl on the picture is another talented friend of mine- she is a rising star in the field of paleontology, specializing in the subject of lungfishes.

Talented friends I have talked about in the past:
Aurora and her 18th century fans

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...