Wednesday 25 August 2010

Talented friends

I have many friends with heaps of talents that try to make a living on what they do. And as I find them awesome and wish them success, I'm going to show them off a little. The first is really an old post from my Livejournal, but deserves to be shown here too.

Aurora Walderhaug, is a very talented painter, and she makes the most wonderful 18th century fans. She paints them on silk and paper, she also makes the fan boxes. Other things she makes are minitures and snuff boxes in 18th century style. She's very happy to take comissions. I have one of her fans, a paper one and is saving up to get one in silk. A friend brought her to a fan museum in Paris and was told off by the people working there for her careless handling of an antique. I would say that is very high praise.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Rowenna said...

Gorgeous! I just posted about fans on my blog--and these are making me want one!

Isis said...

They are! And you definitely need one to your party gown! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...