Saturday 5 June 2010

What to do with this?

Years ago I made a red cape that was wearable, but that I never felt quite pleased with.
Photobucket

Now I have been given a brown cape that is much nicer, so I suddenly have one cape too many. And it was just the cape I wasn't pleased with, not the wool and its lovely red colour, I know have quite a loit of wool thta can be wade into something else. The question is, what? A jacket of some sort, but I feel a need of ideas on what shape and century its going to be. Any ideas?

4 comments:

GentlewomanThief said...

That does look like gorgeous fabric, indeed! I can't help but picture it as a hooded 18th century jacket - but then I have always loved the Little Red Riding Hood story...

American Duchess said...

wool! Late 16th, early 17th c. jacket? Or...ooo ooo! 18th c. riding coat, like the Snowshill one?

Rowenna said...

That would make a lovely hooded jacket! Or a longer, caraco-ish jacket for wintertime. Or crop it into a short cloak with sweet little arm slits :)

Isis said...

Gentlewomanthief: Actually, I do have a hood for the cape that I never got around to put on the cape. I think it will go on the jacket... :-D

American Duchess: I was thinking riding coat, but I have a grey faux suede fabric that I have earmarked for that.

Rowennea: Yes, I think so too.

So, I'm almost positive that it will be a hooded jacket with an embroidered stomacher. :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...